On a whim I decided to do some furniture DIY. BUT I didn’t want to buy brand new stuff. I found an ad on Craigslist and got the dresser.
The original idea was to paint the top a dark sooty grey (some Valspar stuff I had in the garage) and then the rest in Benjamin Moore Pewter. Once done, I’d go over with some silvery glaze.
Well, I didn’t like it after the glaze was added. I had just enough of the darker grey to run a sponge roller through all the Pewter areas and in the process, the glaze mixed together giving it a dark grey metallic look. Final bling – the glass knobs from World Market.
It looks good though I will probably need to move it around in the closet eventually and shorten the lower shelves to accommodate longer dresses and stuff.