That silvery bathroom fan cover had been driving me crazy – especially since painting the ceiling. It stuck out way too much. So yesterday, during mental breaks at work, I looked at new bathroom fans.
Then I looked at a YouTube video on how to install one and realized I didn’t want to do that. The existing fan is still working so that old addage of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kept running through my head.
Instead what I did was take that cover out and since it was cleaned up when I worked on the ceiling a couple weeks ago, I just had to shake any dust.
Couple coats of white spray paint followed by a clear coat (all satin finish) and voila. You can still see it but it doesn’t stand out as much. I do need to change out that light bulb because it looks old and there are rust spots inside (WTF).
Eventually it will need to be replaced, I’m sure. Maybe when it comes time to remodel the master bath that one will need to be redone. Who knows but for now, this was an easy fix.