Barndoor Update

Slowly but surely…

The header board is up! Originally I was going to use wood screws to secure but the screws were crap. I anchored the board instead – using my favorite E-Z Ancors. Then I filled the holes in since they were counter sunk and repainted.

Tonight I also cleaned the hardware using warm water, salt and vinegar. They aren’t all brass as I thought but more copper. I also removed the paint on the mortise piece.

Once I figure out what size bit I’ll need (because 1/4” won’t be enough I think), I’ll be installing the box rail.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s