No More Wicker!

 

My storage cubes/ottomans are covered :).

To make them into ottomans, I used a 2 inch foam square that was attached to a piece of plywood cut to size.

I started on the lids Saturday and fixed the corners on Sunday so they were a little neater. As you can see, Floyd approved.

Then on Sunday night I used batting to cover one of the cubes. I had intended to keep the hand holes but during the upholstering process, it became a difficult task.

For some reason, on the first cube I did, I cut each piece so there were 4 separate sides. That was stupid and I ended up using far more staples than I should have.

So I was trying to figure out how to hide the cut ends today and realized I had some hemming tape. I made fabric “ribbons” (I don’t speak fabric) and then used more tape to adhere them on the seams.

Then I ran out of said tape and ran to the fabric store for more. At this point I wanted to be done working with canvas. Yeah that was a thick fabric to work with but it’s durable.

The second cube took less time and I used one piece for the sides. For the seam I just used one of those ribbon thingies to hide the staples.

They are now basically done. I do need to finish the edges with some sort of ribbon (actual ribbon) or something (maybe in coral?).

Then for the bottom, I want to get some of that black fabric that you see underneath furniture. Once I get floors done, I’ll put little felt pads under as well.

For the handles, I will use the fabric and stitch them on. I can do very basic stuff like that. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s