Fireplace update

I hadn’t given up on the project. It has been tedious bending the pieces of metal to shape. Then afterwards, getting them to adhere to the cement facade was another story.

I don’t think I used contact cement properly the first time so it didn’t stick. I just put a layer on both sides and then tried to put them together. Didn’t work.

I didn’t realize I had to let the cement dry a bit so both sides will stick immediately.

That seemed to work a bit.

20130818-150625.jpg

I still had some loose areas so I used epoxy today and that seemed to work.

20130818-150737.jpg

I still need to shape the top piece and then add the last piece of metal.

Slowly but surely…

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Fireplace update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s