New Couch

It arrived today – or rather he arrived since the model of the couch is named Marcel.

20140327-225156.jpg

I love the color – it’s like a wool flannel look.

Close up of the chrome legs

20140327-225516.jpg

It’s modern with a bit of a vintage touch and so comfy! I can’t wait to nap on it :).

Advertisements

Moulding

 

 

I started to finish up on my moulding a couple weekends ago.

This was the cache in my car. It’s amazing how much my little Prius holds.

20140323-141904.jpg

 

 

 

My first coped corner. Coping is hard (yes, it’s okay to insert jokes here, I did). This was prior to actually sanding and touch up paint.

20140323-141932.jpg

 

Slowly but surely, the colonial style moulding is going away, replaced with a simpler design. (This is also prior to paint)

20140323-142001.jpg

 

Anything that’s staying, is going to get a fresh coat of paint so it isn’t as dingy looking as before. (and it won’t be the gloss/semi-gloss sheen either)

20140323-142008.jpg

 

I still need to touch up the walls since the trim paint has bled over but that’s okay. The large pieces of baseboards are in for both the living and dining room. I just need to replace the colonial trim put up before finishing. 🙂

One Accent Chair is Done

 

I really couldn’t leave the chair as-is after the ottoman so I decided today to take it apart.

There were so many staples to remove 😦

20140309-214741.jpg

 

 

 

 

Once I got the cover off, I noticed the chair was actually 2 pieces—the back and the bottom. The way the cover was attached, it looked like one solid unit. Rather than keep it the same, I turned it back to 2 separate pieces (it was much easier to reupholster too).

20140309-214750.jpg

 

I may add some more nail heads along the bottom edge but right now, here it is.

photo-3

It was a lot of work but it looks really nice. I also sewed the seam for the front edge of the seat. A very first for me!

 

 

Velvet Ottoman

 

 

 

I started on the transformation of my accent chairs on Friday. I finally got my velvet (it’s called Spa) and had the time to work on the ottoman.

This was the before. The material was starting to show the wear and tear from Floyd and Puck’s claws.

20140104-191341.jpg

 

I didn’t take any pictures of the during—it took forever to remove all the staples but once I got that part done, it was pretty easy to finish. I still had some issues with the corners but I think they turned out okay. This was the look from last night.

20140308-201327.jpg

 

Today, I received my pewter colored nail heads—all 1000 of them. I chose the unpolished silver (pewter) over shiny silver (nickel) because I didn’t want the nail heads to overtake the color.

I chose the individual heads over the actual string kit because I wanted spacing in between.

 

20140308-201352.jpg

 

It was tedious to say the least. The first two sides, I actually marked off the spacing but the final 2 and the corners, I eyed it. There was a HUGE waste factor (or at some point, I called it my ‘f’ up factor) and I was glad I got a huge order. Those nail heads were stubborn little suckers.

20140308-201402.jpg

 

This was the completed look. I think the ottoman has less of a dome than it did before—which is fine by me. I am contemplating a nail head patter on the sides but that remains to be seen.

20140308-201416.jpg