I started on the transformation of my accent chairs on Friday. I finally got my velvet (it’s called Spa) and had the time to work on the ottoman.
This was the before. The material was starting to show the wear and tear from Floyd and Puck’s claws.
I didn’t take any pictures of the during—it took forever to remove all the staples but once I got that part done, it was pretty easy to finish. I still had some issues with the corners but I think they turned out okay. This was the look from last night.
Today, I received my pewter colored nail heads—all 1000 of them. I chose the unpolished silver (pewter) over shiny silver (nickel) because I didn’t want the nail heads to overtake the color.
I chose the individual heads over the actual string kit because I wanted spacing in between.
It was tedious to say the least. The first two sides, I actually marked off the spacing but the final 2 and the corners, I eyed it. There was a HUGE waste factor (or at some point, I called it my ‘f’ up factor) and I was glad I got a huge order. Those nail heads were stubborn little suckers.
This was the completed look. I think the ottoman has less of a dome than it did before—which is fine by me. I am contemplating a nail head patter on the sides but that remains to be seen.