One Accent Chair is Done

 

I really couldn’t leave the chair as-is after the ottoman so I decided today to take it apart.

There were so many staples to remove 😦

20140309-214741.jpg

 

 

 

 

Once I got the cover off, I noticed the chair was actually 2 pieces—the back and the bottom. The way the cover was attached, it looked like one solid unit. Rather than keep it the same, I turned it back to 2 separate pieces (it was much easier to reupholster too).

20140309-214750.jpg

 

I may add some more nail heads along the bottom edge but right now, here it is.

photo-3

It was a lot of work but it looks really nice. I also sewed the seam for the front edge of the seat. A very first for me!

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s