I fixed the door so it no longer had the hematite color trim. I also added a little bling with a door knob.
I had entertained the idea of mounting it in the center but I think that might have been too different (unless I was in Europe or the Shire).
I think I might use the same style for the closet door since it will be painted the same gray.
It was a splurge since it was almost twice as much as the door itself but it looks so cool!
I still have to find a handle for the bathroom side – that’s still a work in progress.
It’s been a while since I worked on this door.
I brought it in sometime before flooring was to be done in hopes I got inspired to actually work on it. This was the weekend for it. I finally got the 2 header boards painted. I used 2 – 1×6, 6 foot boards versus a 2×6 board because it was just easier to secure.
This was the first board and it was anchored onto the wall.
The second board was painted the same color but I added the stencil pattern on it.
It was nearly impossible to match the wall since the actual stencil was tossed a while back. This was one I traced out. I figured it was okay that it didn’t match once I got the hardware up. Instead of the Dark Steel paint like the hardware in my office, I used the Brilliant Silver paint.
The door was also being worked on but I didn’t take pics of that ordeal. The moment arrived to get it up onto the rail and voilà!
Right now, the top octagon has a hematite metallic rub on it. I’m not quite sure of the results and I think I’m going to paint over that when I touch things up.
I haven’t removed the hinges since they were painted over. The old door is in the garage ready to be donated. 🙂