Cat Tree Revamp

A couple years ago, I created my juniper cat trees for Floyd and Puck.

It was probably a couple months ago that I realized the cheap carpet I used for the bases was starting to fray and then holes started to appear.

Since Floyd’s birthday was coming up (March 17th) and followed by Puck (April 6), it was a good time to start planning for an early present.

Over the weekend, I found a couple rugs that were on sale—both for the base and some of the platforms.

So on Sunday, I disassembled the branches off the big tree and removed a cross branch from the smaller one. Then I began working on the base. I didn’t remove the old carpet but threw the new one on top and screwed it down instead of using staples like before.

  IMG_3786

My goal was to finish by evening but my first attempt was a fail since the configuration left no room for adding platforms.

I quickly added one platform to it before I called it quits.

After dinner on Monday, I worked on re-covering some platforms with the green stripe carpet.

Since there were some exposed screws from attaching the platforms (and one lag bolt had sheared off), I used corks to cover them.

 

Of course, it makes no difference if I ended up liking the final product. My two critics/mini jungle cats had to love it and use it. 

Advertisements

One thought on “Cat Tree Revamp

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s