Catching Up – DIY Fails

I didn’t realize until this Thanksgiving weekend, that I haven’t updated in a while. Here are a couple items that had to be redone.

Last time I updated on this chair, it wasn’t complete. For months, I started at the incomplete chair, at all the wrinkles, and finally decided that I had to get it professionally done.

It cost a pretty penny but it was well worth it and Floyd definitely approved.


Another lesson learned, was using the wrong moulding. I thought using MDF type pieces would be best because they had nice, rounded corners. What I didn’t realize was on exterior doors, and how it can affect the integrity of the moulding. In my case, the door to the backyard had to be redone.

IMG_9111.JPG

I bought wood (real wood) a few months ago and just found the time to finally install them. Eventually all exterior doors will have this trim and then I’ll be slowly replacing the interior doors I had previously replaced.

Still needs caulk and then touchup paint but it should not expand like the previous pieces.

img_9133

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Catching Up – DIY Fails

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s