I fixed the door so it no longer had the hematite color trim. I also added a little bling with a door knob.
I had entertained the idea of mounting it in the center but I think that might have been too different (unless I was in Europe or the Shire).
I think I might use the same style for the closet door since it will be painted the same gray.
It was a splurge since it was almost twice as much as the door itself but it looks so cool!
I still have to find a handle for the bathroom side – that’s still a work in progress.
It’s been a while since I worked on this door.
I brought it in sometime before flooring was to be done in hopes I got inspired to actually work on it. This was the weekend for it. I finally got the 2 header boards painted. I used 2 – 1×6, 6 foot boards versus a 2×6 board because it was just easier to secure.
This was the first board and it was anchored onto the wall.
The second board was painted the same color but I added the stencil pattern on it.
It was nearly impossible to match the wall since the actual stencil was tossed a while back. This was one I traced out. I figured it was okay that it didn’t match once I got the hardware up. Instead of the Dark Steel paint like the hardware in my office, I used the Brilliant Silver paint.
The door was also being worked on but I didn’t take pics of that ordeal. The moment arrived to get it up onto the rail and voilà!
Right now, the top octagon has a hematite metallic rub on it. I’m not quite sure of the results and I think I’m going to paint over that when I touch things up.
I haven’t removed the hinges since they were painted over. The old door is in the garage ready to be donated. 🙂
It’s finally painted. Now all it needs is the barn door hardware and install.
I finished repainting the fuchsia wall!
Here’s the before pic.
Here it is now. Paint is still drying in some spots as you can see.
I didn’t bother protecting the baseboards since I knew future bolding would cover it up.
Depending on how much flooring I end up with, this may or may not be the next room.
I think will need to be flooring. The living room carpet looks horrible with paint splotches and I’m sure there is plaster dust from the depopcorning a couple weekends ago too.
Besides that, the kitties like to paw and claw at the edges since the carpet wasn’t installed right.
Right now, I’ve taped down some areas with anything from packing tape to Hello Kitty “duck” tape. (stayin’ klassy there)
So yeah – I’ve been doing more research on options. I had been set on stranded bamboo but then started to read up more on the product. I realized that some of them have resins made of formaldehyde. So I am back to shopping for the right type of flooring.
This means I probably won’t be going to some of the discount flooring stores. This also means I’ll be spending a little more on flooring to get something without the VOCs and stuff.
It needs to be harder than oak with no glues or resins made with harmful chemicals. I’m not dead set on handscraping now either. I think that might be too trendy.
Ideally, I want a floor that I could use throughout the whole house. (Well, everywhere I want to add wood flooring to. So it can’t be too dark due to the painted, living room ceiling and I don’t want it too light (like that natural bamboo color).
I’m also re-visiting the idea of using reclaimed wood as flooring.
I have a really rough estimate now so I know what to expect price wise.
In the meantime, I’ll work on smaller (less expensive) projects.
Phase 1 of my Master Bath Door
The door is no longer two toned! Please excuse the splotchy look – paint’s still drying but it now has 1 coat of Benjamin Moore’s Rock Gray. It’ll probably take a couple more coats but I’m in no rush. I don’t even have the barndoor hardware yet. 🙂
Sneak peek –
This door will be my new masterbath door and it’ll be hung barndoor style.
I’m also going to go monochromatic for now and go with Rock Gray by Benjamin Moore.
Once again, my friend Sanders chose well.