It’s been a while since I worked on this door.
I brought it in sometime before flooring was to be done in hopes I got inspired to actually work on it. This was the weekend for it. I finally got the 2 header boards painted. I used 2 – 1×6, 6 foot boards versus a 2×6 board because it was just easier to secure.
This was the first board and it was anchored onto the wall.
The second board was painted the same color but I added the stencil pattern on it.
It was nearly impossible to match the wall since the actual stencil was tossed a while back. This was one I traced out. I figured it was okay that it didn’t match once I got the hardware up. Instead of the Dark Steel paint like the hardware in my office, I used the Brilliant Silver paint.
The door was also being worked on but I didn’t take pics of that ordeal. The moment arrived to get it up onto the rail and voilà!
Right now, the top octagon has a hematite metallic rub on it. I’m not quite sure of the results and I think I’m going to paint over that when I touch things up.
I haven’t removed the hinges since they were painted over. The old door is in the garage ready to be donated. 🙂
I started on the office this weekend.
One of the things I had to do before painting was adding another 1×6 header to the sliding rail for the door. When I installed it earlier this year, I didn’t take into consideration that the door would hang at an angle and hit the trim every time I slid the door. Needless to say, I had the door opened most of the time.
I also painted the trim from Super White to Chantilly Lace since that color will go throughout the house.
So after adding the new wood piece, I thought I’d keep some of the turquoise. You might be able to see the pencil line I drew out.
It didn’t work so I quickly decided to use Lemon Ice through the entire office, leaving just the stenciled wall in turquoise.
What a difference.
It’s not all done. I’ll finish it out next weekend but I did get the door back up and it works! It hangs straight and doesn’t hit the trim now!
See, not done yet but getting there. The room is definitely brighter. You can also tell that it isn’t bright white. 🙂
Phase 1 of my Master Bath Door
The door is no longer two toned! Please excuse the splotchy look – paint’s still drying but it now has 1 coat of Benjamin Moore’s Rock Gray. It’ll probably take a couple more coats but I’m in no rush. I don’t even have the barndoor hardware yet. 🙂
Slowly but surely…
The header board is up! Originally I was going to use wood screws to secure but the screws were crap. I anchored the board instead – using my favorite E-Z Ancors. Then I filled the holes in since they were counter sunk and repainted.
Tonight I also cleaned the hardware using warm water, salt and vinegar. They aren’t all brass as I thought but more copper. I also removed the paint on the mortise piece.
Once I figure out what size bit I’ll need (because 1/4” won’t be enough I think), I’ll be installing the box rail.
Door is inside the house!
I’ll be painting the final coats inside. The wall is pretty much prepped now.
I’m mounting the header board today.
I got the first coat of Wrought Iron on the office door. I’ll do the other side tomorrow and then one more coat next weekend before it is installed! 🙂
Threw a coat of primer this afternoon and tomorrow I’ll prime the second side of the glass panel.
I’ll paint it Wrought Iron next weekend. 🙂
I still need to clean the brass hardware since I’m keeping them on.
Sneak peek –
This door will be my new masterbath door and it’ll be hung barndoor style.
I’m also going to go monochromatic for now and go with Rock Gray by Benjamin Moore.
Once again, my friend Sanders chose well.
Habitat Re-Store! Spent $25 for 2 doors – the yellow one and a plain slab door.
Phase III door project
Still not done but I did sand the blue side today.
I also worked on the stained side and got rid of one, slurry like layer. A part of me wish the entire door was nice enough to just get a new coat of stain but oh well.
I have a 1x4x6 pine board that I’ll paint to match the current wall color and then I can probably start mounting the hardware soon.