A couple years ago, I created my juniper cat trees for Floyd and Puck.
It was probably a couple months ago that I realized the cheap carpet I used for the bases was starting to fray and then holes started to appear.
Since Floyd’s birthday was coming up (March 17th) and followed by Puck (April 6), it was a good time to start planning for an early present.
Over the weekend, I found a couple rugs that were on sale—both for the base and some of the platforms.
So on Sunday, I disassembled the branches off the big tree and removed a cross branch from the smaller one. Then I began working on the base. I didn’t remove the old carpet but threw the new one on top and screwed it down instead of using staples like before.
My goal was to finish by evening but my first attempt was a fail since the configuration left no room for adding platforms.
I quickly added one platform to it before I called it quits.
After dinner on Monday, I worked on re-covering some platforms with the green stripe carpet.
Since there were some exposed screws from attaching the platforms (and one lag bolt had sheared off), I used corks to cover them.
Of course, it makes no difference if I ended up liking the final product. My two critics/mini jungle cats had to love it and use it.