Credenza Progress Update

Quick update on the credenza –

The sides were put back together on Sunday night and a coat of chalk paint was added.

20131112-203526.jpg

On Monday I threw a coat of wax on the paint and put my electronics in. A new HDMI cable is ordered so I can run the wire behind the wall again.

20131112-203623.jpg

In the meantime I kept shaping the table top. Still needs nails along the sides and soldering before I can polish.

This is the dry fit a few minutes ago. Doors are on the way but it is more than half done.

20131112-203826.jpg

Advertisements

Phase 1 of the Pipe Shelving is Complete!

 

These were my Expedit shelves that I had vertically. I decided to incorporate them into a shelving unit that used pipes for the legs – giving it an industrial vibe.

I used Pratt & Lambert’s Ever Classic mixed up as a chalk style paint. I used plaster of Paris but there are other DIY variations. As I painted I also used some leftover Benjamin Moore Stone Brown to give the weathered wood look. The idea is when I start building the open shelves with reclaimed wood, I want to give them a slight weathered look.

It took all night to paint and attach it. At one point I thought offsetting them as I had on the diagram would look better but it didn’t.

As I build it up and out, it will be easier since I’m not using enclosed cubes or shelves anymore. 🙂