Chandelier – Yet Another Revision

I made another revision to the chandelier today.

I removed the blue wrapping from this entry and used some vintage paper I bought online.

The result:

photo 2

photo 1

A little funky and different.


Chandelier Revamp

Since lightening up my office with the pale yellow. I was tempted to tweak the color of my chandelier a little. Plus, there were still some spots where the brass was showing.


The colors were too dark but it wasn’t a priority. Fast forward to when I was spray painting my nightstand with the Brilliant Silver. To touch up, I sprayed paint onto a paper plate so I had a puddle to work with. On a whim, I dabbed a paper towel and rubbed on the paint onto the chandelier. It created a unique look because some of the dark steel could still be seen.


The pink/fuchsia color was now too much so I looked at replacing the faux candlestick sleeves. Cool, patterned ones were $6 each online. (!!!)

I decided to be creative and make up for Saturday’s fiasco and worked on something tonight.



I had the paper ribbon for the cat tree toys so I wrapped one sleeve with it – just to see how it would look.


The end result



I used scotch tape at first but you could see the tape so I ended up sealing the sleeves with good old school glue. It’s a quick fix and can easily be changed to other colors or if I decide to use a pattern.

I need to spray the bottoms of my bulbs silver now but voilà!

My Chandelier is Done and it Works!


So originally I wanted a chandelier for my master bedroom so I went thrift store shopping.

After black gloss paint I realized I needed my ceiling fan at night. A tower fan just wasn’t enough. Quickly rethought the project and opted to add it in my office.

As I mentioned in an earlier progression post, gloss paint was not a forgiving color so I sprayed satin nickel over it lightly. It looks like dark steel but has slightly more dimension because of the black underneath.

As I was finishing up, I realized I needed some sort of medallion thing for added flair. Big box medallions were blah.

I thought hubcaps, saw blades…anything that would be of visual interest.

Went to a flea market yesterday and they had a 8mm projector on sale. That was when it hit me…I didn’t find just a reel there so I went to South Congress knowing it would be there somewhere.

“Off the Wall” had one with film and a canister for $20. Spray painted it so there were subtle touches of pink but it was mostly dark steel. Had to get that center hole bigger to fit the lighting hardware and that took sweat and a lot of cursing.

Needed to get a couple more flame tip LED bulbs too.

Took down the old ceiling fan and mounted the thing up. Tested it with one bulb to make sure I wired it correctly…there were no black or white wires – just a smooth one and a ribbed one.

Once I hung it, I tried it and realized how glaring the white was on the bulbs.

Taped them up and sprayed them so they matched the “candle sticks”.

I also shortened the light by leaving the brass ball off. It was less weight too.

As far as bling, I might add just a few but it doesn’t have to be outrageously ornate now.

I created light!!!