Two Chairs Done with Paint Phase

And two more chairs started.

The first 2 painted chairs got their second coat of paint today. I also did a first coat on 2 more chairs.

20140111-210928.jpg

I’ll need at least one more coat on them before they pass the paint phase.

I brought them inside the house after they dried. You can see the 2 chairs don’t have seats on them.

20140111-211131.jpg

The current seats are in the garage since I am going to rebuild them with plywood before the fabric phase.

On one of my chairs, I mixed some of my teal paint with my door color paint (Wrought Iron) to give an accent color – mimicking how it originally looked.

Before –

20140111-211458.jpg

After –

20140111-211613.jpg

 

A better look at the slight contrast.

 

 

 

20140111-211621.jpg

 

I’m hoping the last 2 chairs will enter paint phase next weekend. If not, I’ll be getting the plywood cut for new seats.

Advertisements

Lessons Learned on Dining Chairs

I got these cool chairs a few years ago –


They had a really cool pattern and were somewhat comfy.

Fast forward to today, they’re not as comfy – you can feel the springs on the bottom. I shouldn’t have bought them online without sitting on them first.

Add to that, the kitties have torn up the fabric. The thought of reupholstering did come to mind but I’m not quite sure about the spring in the bottom cushion thing – it’s weird.

Since these chairs won’t last, I am going to slowly change them out and go the mismatched chair route. It will be less stressful than having to replace all 6 chairs at once AND I get to find cool chairs to mix and match.

I just wish I had thought of that earlier on in the game. The only thing I need to do is make sure the chairs are in proportion to the table.

Dining Room Ceiling

I changed the ceiling color over the weekend from Ceiling White (Benjamin Moore) to a blend of approximately 2 parts of the white to 1 part of Dolphin.

It looked a bit dark when I first started to paint it but once I got the whole ceiling done it was less subtle. It’s now a softer color which works in the dining room.

20131003-214206.jpg

 

20131003-213921.jpg

Dining room – before and after

Dining Room Project

This was another room I began and then went back to take down popcorn. The first thing I did was take down the original light fixture and replaced it (my first real foray into electrical). Lamp is from Lowes and I’m using LED bulbs on a dimmer switch (that I added). 

Then I painted with Benjamin Moore Flora. 

Next was taking down the popcorn and this was really when I used that bead of caulk between the ceiling and the walls. It made everything pop even more and help hide some of the scrape marks I made from depopcorning. 

Most recently I went back and updated the electrical switches and outlets but that will be another entry. 

Finally I got the table and moved the liquor cabinet around a bazillion times. 

I still need chairs which I might look at next weekend.