I didn’t realize until this Thanksgiving weekend, that I haven’t updated in a while. Here are a couple items that had to be redone.
Last time I updated on this chair, it wasn’t complete. For months, I started at the incomplete chair, at all the wrinkles, and finally decided that I had to get it professionally done.
It cost a pretty penny but it was well worth it and Floyd definitely approved.
Another lesson learned, was using the wrong moulding. I thought using MDF type pieces would be best because they had nice, rounded corners. What I didn’t realize was on exterior doors, and how it can affect the integrity of the moulding. In my case, the door to the backyard had to be redone.
I bought wood (real wood) a few months ago and just found the time to finally install them. Eventually all exterior doors will have this trim and then I’ll be slowly replacing the interior doors I had previously replaced.
Still needs caulk and then touchup paint but it should not expand like the previous pieces.