Dining Room Ceiling

I changed the ceiling color over the weekend from Ceiling White (Benjamin Moore) to a blend of approximately 2 parts of the white to 1 part of Dolphin.

It looked a bit dark when I first started to paint it but once I got the whole ceiling done it was less subtle. It’s now a softer color which works in the dining room.

20131003-214206.jpg

 

20131003-213921.jpg

Advertisements

Revamped Spare Bath Ceiling

I decided to repaint my spare bath ceiling from BM’s Ceiling White to a mixture of Dolphin (from my living room ceiling) and leftover Ceiling White.

Ever since I painted my vaulted ceiling an actual color, I wanted to do the same to some rooms. The spare bath was a good place to start because of the size and because it is a work in progress.

This was a pic after I had scraped the popcorn off last year.

20130927-210330.jpg

Here is the ceiling as I started to practice my paint cutting skills.

20130927-210438.jpg

About a half hour in:

20130927-210621.jpg

I still got some paint on the walls but it wasn’t bad. It took an hour and I might need to touch some spots up but it is pretty much done.

20130927-210856.jpg

Next room to get a new ceiling will be the dining room. It’ll be easier to paint it too since there is ventilation. I don’t mind touching up some spots on the wall but I don’t want to repaint the whole wall :).

Vaulted Ceiling is DONE!

Final day of my ceiling project and I’m proud to say, I’m done.

I included a before pic (realtor photo) to show how it was when I first moved in.

I probably could have not done this marathon, crazy lady project work but I was really motivated to get rid of that popcorn stuff. Plus when I threw the primer/texture paint, it looked sort of blushy purple. Um, yeah…no.

The middle pic – I was nearly done and wanted to snap a pic before it got dark. -Like the last pic. And yes…I was lazy and didn’t want to disassemble the ceiling fan so I fashioned a drape over it. 🙂

I’m still not entirely done… as you can see from the last photo, I still need to touch up the walls and the side walls (non-vaulted sides) will be repainted to full strength Flora. Currently, it is 50% less intense. Painting the walls will be CAKE after this! LOL. The big TV won’t go up until that is done. (MOTIVATION!)

One thing I did realize when I got done was I probably need to rethink the flooring…at the very least, for the main living area. I need to do a bit lighter or else it’ll look like I live underground or something. 🙂

Oh, I also realized, from looking at the old listing photos that I had installed the vents backwards nearly 2 years ago when I spray painted them. WOW, what a difference in putting them the right direction!

Now for that yuck job of cleaning. :-/

Ceiling Project – Day 3

Ceiling – Day 3
You’re not mistaken in thinking my ceiling looks pink. It sort of is. For the primer coat I add painters sand to add just a little texture – the scraped ceiling isn’t completely smooth. So to compensate, I add just a little extra to the paint.

It also means I won’t waste the Benjamin Moore stuff :).

In the past, I have used the paint color the previous owner left. I knew I didn’t have quite enough for the entire ceiling so I bought a couple cans of oops paint. (Behr paint smells!)

My supervisors kept a close eye on me most of the afternoon.

Another thing about priming is to avoid the peeling like you see in the third pic. Luckily I had some plaster of Paris I bought for another project. I mixed some up and fixed the peeling paper.

I also decided to go ahead and paint the ceiling around the AC vents so I can have it on tomorrow. 🙂 I ended up using Dolphin. I personally think it is a chinchilla color – warm and rich. 🙂