I really couldn’t leave the chair as-is after the ottoman so I decided today to take it apart.
There were so many staples to remove 😦
Once I got the cover off, I noticed the chair was actually 2 pieces—the back and the bottom. The way the cover was attached, it looked like one solid unit. Rather than keep it the same, I turned it back to 2 separate pieces (it was much easier to reupholster too).
I may add some more nail heads along the bottom edge but right now, here it is.
It was a lot of work but it looks really nice. I also sewed the seam for the front edge of the seat. A very first for me!