Added some bling to my coffee table

I added some flair to my coffee table.

20130915-134447.jpg

All this glass was $12 at a local thrift store. I sprayed Looking Glass paint to turn them into faux mercury glass and added them to my coffee table.

20130915-134843.jpg

The tall vase now holds my remote 🙂 while the others will hold candles and stuff.

I’ll probably make more once I get a mantle installed on my fireplace.

You can also see the different colors from the wood now that the sealant is drying.

My Chandelier is Done and it Works!

I LOVE LAMP!

So originally I wanted a chandelier for my master bedroom so I went thrift store shopping.

After black gloss paint I realized I needed my ceiling fan at night. A tower fan just wasn’t enough. Quickly rethought the project and opted to add it in my office.

As I mentioned in an earlier progression post, gloss paint was not a forgiving color so I sprayed satin nickel over it lightly. It looks like dark steel but has slightly more dimension because of the black underneath.

As I was finishing up, I realized I needed some sort of medallion thing for added flair. Big box medallions were blah.

I thought hubcaps, saw blades…anything that would be of visual interest.

Went to a flea market yesterday and they had a 8mm projector on sale. That was when it hit me…I didn’t find just a reel there so I went to South Congress knowing it would be there somewhere.

“Off the Wall” had one with film and a canister for $20. Spray painted it so there were subtle touches of pink but it was mostly dark steel. Had to get that center hole bigger to fit the lighting hardware and that took sweat and a lot of cursing.

Needed to get a couple more flame tip LED bulbs too.

Took down the old ceiling fan and mounted the thing up. Tested it with one bulb to make sure I wired it correctly…there were no black or white wires – just a smooth one and a ribbed one.

Once I hung it, I tried it and realized how glaring the white was on the bulbs.

Taped them up and sprayed them so they matched the “candle sticks”.

I also shortened the light by leaving the brass ball off. It was less weight too.

As far as bling, I might add just a few but it doesn’t have to be outrageously ornate now.

I created light!!!