Big Flooring Project Started

I finally started on the project!

I began on Thanksgiving by dry fitting the first couple rows. Sounds simple enough – the first day was a mess. Using a chalkline was a joke – the glue would mix with the chalk and I ended up putting more glue past the line than intended.

I didn’t realize the glue was like taffy. I definitely got a real workout this weekend. :-/.

20131130-173747.jpg

The second day was a little better. I decided to use my laser level to draw out a line and then got a straight edge and sharpie to mark the line. That helped and I only got a little glue past the line. Another thing that kept me busy yesterday was finally installing the table saw. That thing is AWESOME – I’m glad I opted for this instead of a miter saw.

 

This little guy saved me by getting the access glue off Р and pretty quickly too. Otherwise, I would have just spent the day crying and scraping by hand.

photo

I got the floor from the dining room and the living room to join up too. YAY!

I wasted a little of the taffy glue when some of the top skinned over and dried. There is still about a third left but not sure how much of that will be usable when I do this again the coming weekend.

Trim is in the house and you can see the bottom pic for more detail. I’ll get the wall done during the week. I can move the cat tree back to the window too so the boys will have entertainment.

20131130-173839.jpg

 

 

 

 

20131130-174038.jpg

The trim was also painted and will go up this week. Just on the completed wall.

Advertisements