Console/Credenza Update

Quick update on the console –

Slowly but surely, this is getting done.

This is a pic this evening

20131110-183354.jpg

The outside has been completely painted and will be ready for turquoise chalk paint in the inside. Currently, the inside is still dirty especially compared to the newly painted sides.

Before fitting the sides back, I dry fitted the top. Shaping the zinc sheet will be the timely piece.

20131110-182442.jpgFor the doors, that will be another week. I had bought a polycarbonate sheet and learned not to cut using a circular saw. :-/ it cracked so I am ordering one precut to my specs. The clear piece will be the center and the sliding doors have been made shorter to accommodate the new piece.

Mid-Century Table is Done!

I should have posted this last week but this table is done! Several coats of gloss paint and it is back in the office. I probably shouldn’t have stripped the old paint off and just primed and prepped it. I couldn’t get the bottom table glass smooth after. 😦

That was my biggest lesson learned in this project and will remember when I work on other pieces for this room. 🙂

 

 

IMG_1384 IMG_1385

Retro table refinish

When I bought this a couple weeks ago, there were some signs of wear so I needed to prep it for a new paint job.

20130728-144203.jpg

I stripped most of the paint off.

20130728-144309.jpg

Then primed it with a spray primer. I ran into some problems when I ran out just as I was adding primer coat #2. 😦 Luckily I had some flat black primer in the garage. (I’m hoping I won’t regret using that).

Just brushed on the first coat of high gloss paint- Benjamin Moore white heron. The second coat will be rolled on with a sponge roller.

20130728-144700.jpg

Also, I managed to get absolutely MAULED by bugs while working in my garage.